Engineer Analysis & Improvement (A&I) - Mechanical
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - South Australia
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
|| | Cen. Australia Daylight Time
At BHP Billiton we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 roster, with residential or FIFO from Adelaide options available.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance Analysis & Improvement (A&I) Surface you will oversee end-to-end maintenance performance involving functional checks through execution, planning and A&I.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Provide specialist A&I advice that supports the analysis and benchmarking of the maintenance function
- Undertake detailed analysis of end-to-end work processes, master data, work instructions and organisational design to identify inefficiencies in work execution and ultimately implement improvement initiatives
- Ensure Work Management (WM) compliance across functional areas (execution, planning and A&I)
- Determine equipment capability assumptions aligned with the 2 year production plan through analysis of life of plant, equipment and infrastructure
- Improve plant availability through root cause analysis and analysing and bench marking key metrics, internally and across other BHP Billiton businesses
- Implement maintenance work plans to validate plant, equipment and infrastructure integrity including but not limited to statutory compliance equipment and in service inspection
- Actively provide learning opportunities for the wider team and contribute to their ongoing development
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Mechanical or a closely related discipline)
- Experience in end-to-end maintenance (work management)
- Proactive and intuitive problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Reliability management experience with exposure to RCM and FMECA will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated commitment to follow though and tenacity to overcome barriers to enable successful outcomes
- Highly engaged, collaborative and committed to building mutually beneficial stakeholder and peer relationships across functional teams and
- Process safety understanding and proficiency of industrial standard AS, ISO, API and ASME
- Engaged in leadership, mentoring, coaching and development to a team of professionals
- Demonstrates the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Root cause analysis (ARCA) and defect elimination experience will be considered advantageous
- Exposure and understanding of maintenance and implementation to management software such as SAP, Oracle, Maximo, experience with Availability Work Bench (AWB) will be advantageous
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP Billiton, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 5pm Sunday 5 November 2017
Reference Number – 795422
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP Billiton. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.
Refer to a friend